There are dozens of online payment processors out there.
Of the vendors we’ve evaluated, we think Piryx is the best.
Here’s why we think so:
- They charge a relatively low rate (4.5%) and there are no fees or contracts. You don’t need a merchant account.
- They accept both credit card and checking account donations.
- Their payment form can usually be styled to match your website.
- They host the pages on their secure site.
- You never see the credit card or checking account information, so there’s no way for you to leak sensitive data.
- You can easily set up multiple “giving campaigns”, so you can track the effectiveness of your fund-raising efforts.
We don’t get any kind of kickback for recommending this product. We just think it’s the best.
So that’s the product we typically integrate into our non-profit websites.
If you have a different preferred vendor, we can integrate with their product too.